Research institutes subordinate to the Minister of Infrastructure in the field of transport: the Road and Bridge Research Institute, the Railway Research Institute and the Motor Transport Institute have concluded an agreement on the establishment of the Polish Transport Research Institutes Network (POLTRIN).
The idea behind the agreement is to strengthen the potential of research institutes, enabling the implementation of large research projects for the development of transport, economy and competitiveness of enterprises.
- The agreement of three institutes operating in the field of transport is an important initiative in the context of the challenges facing Poland, related to, among the others, electro-mobility, autonomy in transport, high-speed rail, low-emission public transport, intermodal transport, as well as the construction of a Solidarity Transport Hub - said Minister of Infrastructure Andrzej Adamczyk.
Three institutes conduct complementary activities and have been cooperating for many years both in the field of research projects and, for example, in the area of certification. They are linked by many short-term and long-term contracts. Establishing a network bringing together research institutions will help to systematize these activities and facilitate joint initiatives. Projects related to large transport projects throughout the country, such as the construction of new roads and highways and the modernization of railway lines, will be of particular importance.
Institutes cooperate in particular in the following areas:
- performing tasks important for planning and implementing state policy, necessary to ensure the development of innovative, effective, safe and low-emission land transport;
- identifying common problems in the sector and taking actions to solve them with the help of expert knowledge, scientific potential and research equipment at the disposal of the institutes;
- shaping strategic research programs as well as initiating and implementing a joint research and implementation program in the area of land transport;
- conducting joint research and development work as well as implementing and disseminating the results;
- cooperation between laboratories at the disposal of institutes and exchange of research experiences;
- representing the network internationally in the field of research and development work.